Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Time









































Often I am asked which films to watch as to get inspiraton for (what can only be refered to as)bombshell'ism.

My favourite films aren't there to draw inspiration from. They are usually because I can already relate in some way to the characters or a character.

Since I was a young child I adored cinema. I did so want to be an actress more than anything. I believe this is a common trait amongst Bombshells. And many do become successful at their stage and screen acting.

I could always put on a performance. I will still put on a performance (if anyone is willing to watch) My most popular solo act being 11 Ways To Die. Eleven often-gruelling and time-extended ways to die tragically, all of which ended with my body sinking languidly onto a couch in a wonderfully contrived position.

For all of you wonderful ladies wishing to know, here is a selection of films (which I recommend for various reasons) and in no particular order...

Breakfast At Tiffanys - directed by Blake Edwards
Holly Golightly is the ultimate bombshell. From beginning to end. Absolutely flawless. Bravo.
Gentlement Prefer Blondes - directed by Howard Hawkes
They don't. Howard Hughes was right! Jane Russell is just as magnificent as Marilyn Monroe in this film
Some Like It Hot - directed by the legendary Billy Wilder
Marilyn Monroe as Sugar Cane. A bit dim but sexy and loving life.
The Girl Can't Help It - directed by Frank Tashlin
Jayne Mansfield is fabulous as a lonely, reluctant star
The Breakfast Club - directed by John Hughes
This is an odd choice for me. But I love make-overs and I adore Molly Ringwald, the bombshell at heart.
Cat On A Hot Tin Roof - directed by Richard Brooks
The legendary Elizabeth Taylor is spectacular (and so is Paul Newman!!!)
Chicago - directed by Rob Marshall
Every woman in this film has IT!
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - directed by John Hughes
Sloane Petersen? Mia Sara is gorgeous. Swimming in a neglige or following her adventurous boyfriend around Chicago. What happened to her? I love Sloane she is definately Bombshell At School
Funny Girl - directed by William Wyler
Barbara Streisand. Fanny Bryce. I can watch this over and over. Guts, determination and charm. It's all in the attitude.
North By Northwest - directed by Alfred Hitchcock
Eva Marie Saint. Wow! Talk about knowing what you want and knowing how to get it!
Thoroughly Modern Millie - directed by George Roy Hill
Muzzie is the bombshell in this film! She is a mature bombshell and is a wonderful Jazz Baby
Match Point - directed by Woody Allen
Scarlett Johansson is a femme fatale
La Dolce Vita - directed by Frederico Fellini
swimming in the fountain anyone? Maybe it's the italian language that gets me
Swimming Pool - directed by Francois Ozon
This is like a feminine french version of Lolita. Ludivine Sagnier is such a Lolita
Annie - directed by John Huston
The sets are amazing. Watch out for Grace Farrell and her boudoir. She is a bombshell if there ever was a picture to go with the meaning. Style, grace, brains, talent and humility
I also love the showgirls at the cinema!
How To Marry A Millionaire - directed by Jean Negulesco
Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable and Marilyn Monroe.
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom - directed by Steven Spielberg
Willie is the bombshell in this film. And she does a great job. Anything Goes
The Rear Window- directed by Alfred Hitchcock
Grace Kelly and her line "A preview of things to come"
The Long, Long Trailor - directed by Vincente Minelli
The magnificent Lucille Ball.
James Bond movies
Each and every Bond Girl for their own unique reasons.

1 comment:

  1. I love The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom. I'll have to see some of your other mentions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin